Wednesday, September 24, 2008

dear gray wall:

dear gray wall:

it has been
relentlessly
humid and scorching these past few days.
of course. you know. you who have no chance to seek respite from the
sun’s arrogance. the sun
has burned away all our fragile

hopes – such nervous little things.
perhaps they burrowed underneath the ground.
nestling in the cool sod.

but i do go on. pardon. patient
eavesdropper to my dreams – suppressed yearning at the core.
my fleeting youth deserts me for what perhaps

you know.


your
dour silence consoles me
still.
constant companion of restless slumber
buttress of a leg, lover of a shoulder you
prop me up in more ways…

so many more ways
in distracted pondering the pads of
my fingers wander across your concrete face.
rough solace it tendered.

tell me

is it easier to live life as
life was lived by those
who went before
me…us?

Or would it be cowardice to believe
In the synchronicity of common experience?

No comments: